Sunday, May 17, 2009

May 13, 2009 - Drum Major Tryouts

Cameron is trying out for Drum Major today after school! I am so excited that he has this opportunity. He has so much support from so many people. He is my musical genius!! I love to sit and listen to him play the piano at home and I am so ecstatic that he has done so well since picking up the trumpet! Even though the marching year started out a little shakey with his getting kicked in the knee by a kid in band, he has had a great year during marching season and then during concert season! And then the Jazz Band is a standalone! They are amazing!!

At the Band Banquet last week, Cam received an award for standout trumpet during concert season, for going above and beyond! I am soooo proud of him!!!!! This has been a great year both academically for him and just all the way around. We have grown so much closer since Chase left. I spent so much time at the gym before Chase left and really not enough time with Cameron. Considering this was a really difficult year for our family -- it has also been a huge growing year, and GROWTH IS GOOD!! As soon as I know the results of tryouts, I'LL LET YOU KNOW!!


No comments: