Sunday, May 17, 2009

22 years married to my Best Friend!



On May 16, 1987, at 2:00 p.m., I walked down the aisle at St. Alphonsus Catholic Church to marry my high school sweetheart! Randall Brown has been my one true love since I was 14 years old when we met at Baker Rollerland skating rink.

Randall was a Senior when I was a Freshman and we dated all through high school. He was thin and had coal black hair and big brown eyes that made me melt! We had our ups and downs during that time when we broke up and got back together just like most high school relationships. He graduated and went to a Technical College and then started working while I went through high school. We had so much fun together over those years, boat riding, water skiing and riding 4-wheelers!

What do I love most about Randall?

The fact that he co-signed on my first loan to buy my first car when I was 16 because my dad had been disabled on the job and my parents had lost our home and had to file bankruptcy and couldn't help me.

The fact that he discouraged me from moving into an apartment with a friend after high school so that we could save money to get married.

The fact that he saved enough money for a downpayment to build our first home before we got married that we moved into on our wedding night!

The fact that he works so hard so that our family never wants for anything!

The fact that he would do anything for me or our boys!

His big brown eyes!

His year-round tan! :)

His smile!

His laugh!

His energy and the fact that he is so active!

When he holds my hand!

When he sends me a text message just to say "I Love You"!

The fact that he may not be good at actually saying the words, but picks out the most amazing cards that always say everything that I know he really feels!

EVERYTHING!

We have been married for 22 years and have seen most of our friends and family members divorce. It's not easy making a marriage work -- it is work! But I would not trade one year, month, day, hour, minute or second of the time that we have spent together for anything in the world! Through the good times and the bad, I still love him as much today as I did 22 years ago when I said "I Do" and I will continue to love him FOREVER!


3 comments:

Amber said...

I did not know you blogged! - Happy anniversary to you guys, y'all sure are a cute couple and I can just see you guys...in your bell bottoms and all, at the skating rink, lol. LYB

Stephanie said...

What a nice post! LOVE your blog and template!! And your signature! You're going to have to teach me how you do that!!

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

I love what you wrote! How sweet! Now I'm going to have to do that for my DH on September 5th! Great inspiration!